What IF ... you'd like to volunteer?
We’d love it! We welcome volunteer participation at the What IF... Festival of Innovation and Imagination. We know volunteers are substantial contributors to the success of What IF. We are inspired to make volunteering for this event a fun and personally rewarding experience for you.
Volunteer Time Commitments
Scheduling will be in 3-hour blocks of time and we request that you volunteer for at least one 3-hour block. We're happy to work with you on your schedule in terms of breaks and time off to experience the What IF... Festival on your own.
Volunteers will be given a festival t-shirt to wear and a parking pass.
Volunteer Assignment Areas
- Set Up Staff – support with keeping the area fun and safe prior to and during load-in.
- “Experience” Participants Check-In Attendants - Assist “Experience” participants with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Volunteer Check-In Attendants - Assist Volunteers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location/task.
- Festival Information Booth - Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations.
- Reuse & Recycle Coordinator - Monitor recycling stations throughout the Festival and educate Festival goers about proper disposal.
- Experience Participants Assistants - Help as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project
- General Runners - Task related assignments directed by the Coordination Committee
- Stage Management – Help coordinate and manage activities in specific locations.
- Clean Up Staff – support with keeping the area fun and safe during load-out.
- Tweet Fleet – Update social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc.) throughout the day.
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact us.
Want to volunteer to be part of the Festival Planning team? Click here!